Decentralized, flexible, protocol independent
The compact modular IO system
Cube is a modular fieldbus system designed for decentralized installation concepts. Its flexibility makes it easy to develop the right solution for any application.
Cube has great functionality, plug-in connections, a robust and compact design, encapsulated modules, multi-functional digital channels and IP ratings from IP20 to IP69k. The modules are installed right next to the sensors and actuators. A system cable connects modules to the bus node and transfers both data and power. Extensive diagnostics make it easy to solve problems if they occur. The number of terminals in the control cabinet is reduced through the distributed approach, freeing up space.
Cube solutions offer a valuable cost-benefit ratio across the entire life cycle of a machine through: the simplified design, fast assembly of the machine, error-free commissioning and maximized system uptime for efficient operation.
Highlights of the Cube system
- Customer-oriented installation concepts, customized solutions for any given application
- Great cost-benefit ratio: lowers planning and installation effort
- Flexibility Multi-functional slots and numerous function modules (IO-Link, RS485/MOVIMOT®…)
- System-independent “Replace the bus node not the system”. Bus nodes are available for all common protocols.
- Maximized transparency: precise and detailed diagnostic options
Explore more fieldbus solutions using the Cube system...
Decentralization at its best
The bus node is the Cube system’s interface to the PLC. It supplies the system and all connected sensors and actuators with power while monitoring currents using a smart load circuit control (Mico).
The installation concept remains the same irrespective of the PLC and protocol. Simply swap the bus node to the chosen protocol. Murrelektronik offers bus nodes for all common field bus systems.
A system cable connects the modules to the bus node. This transfers both data and power – reducing your installation effort.
The wide variety of modules (digital, analog and function) helps create flexible and efficient installations in the field.
Cube20 integrates IO signals from subdistribution boards and terminal boxes (IP20) into the Cube installation in an economical, distributed manner.
One system from beginning to end
A Cube system combines control cabinet installations (IP20) with field installations (IP67) in a simple manner.
Cube67 is a distributed and expandable modular fieldbus I/O system for IP67 applications. It enables customer-oriented installation concepts and is fully adaptable to the given application by being installed in immediate installed in immediate proximity to the process. A system line connects the modules to the bus node, transferring both data and power.
- Arrange modules to suit the application along the system cable
- Simple module addressing reduces commissioning time
- Extensive system expansion (up to 60 meters) without separate protection systems through smart current monitoring (Mico) in the bus node
- IP67 rated, fully potted, compact modules for installation next to the process. No need for junction boxes
- Hygienically designed, IP69K rated modules for the food sector
- Plug-in connections prevent connection errors while enabling faster installation and separation for transport
Cube20 is an expandable modular fieldbus I/O system for control cabinets. It can be operated as a stand-alone unit or with a Cube67. Cube20 is specifically designed for the requirements of modern control cabinet wiring. High costs due to handling of many individual components can be reduced to a minimum with Cube20.
- Compact design, low overall height
- High channel density
- 32 channels per I/O module. Up to 488 I/Os on just 90 cm
- Up to 15 modules with a single node address
- Detailed, single channel diagnostics and transparent terminals with LEDs make it easy to find errors
- Maintenance-free spring clamp terminals
Machine Options Management
System solutions – matched to your applications
MOM supports switching different Cube modules on or off via the controller during operation. This is the basis for modular machine configuration, easy tool changes, standard machines with different degrees of IO expansion, optional machine attachment parts and sequential commissioning. MOM reduces project planning and documentation efforts while also providing exceptional system flexibility.